A dental crown is a dental appliance that is used for many applications. Their hard structure, natural appearance and versatility makes them an ideal way to fix many dental issues as well as cosmetically enhance a tooth. The ceramic used to make the crown allows it to match the shade of a tooth or even make it whiter, while also having the shine of a natural tooth.
About Our Ajax Dental Crowns
Wondering if you may be a candidate for dental crowns in Ajax, ON? The most common uses for a dental crown include:
- Covering a dental implant – when replacing an extracted tooth, a dental implant is installed and a dental crown is placed on top to mimic a natural tooth.
- Replace large fillings – when a dental filling is too large, the overall health of the tooth can be negatively impacted and make it vulnerable to more damage, but a crown can instead be used to protect the tooth.
- Protect a tooth that is weak –If you have a tooth that is damaged and has lost the majority of its structure, a crown can be used to make it stronger as well as prevent future fractures.
- Fix poorly shaped or discolored teeth – If tooth whitening and other methods are not enough to fix a tooth, a crown can be used to transform the tooth.
- Cover a tooth after a root canal – The majority of the structure of a tooth is lost when a root canal is performed, but a crown allows the top of the tooth to function as normal.
- Attach a bridge – when a bridge is used to replace a missing tooth or teeth, crowns are used on the neighboring teeth to keep the bridge in place.
Get Dental Crowns in Ajax Today
Think that you may benefit from dental crowns in Ajax? Schedule your appointment with our dental office near you today! We’d be happy to determine if dental crowns are right for you.